Debt Recovery Fee
Hourly rates for Debt Recovery cases
Status Hourly rate
Principal Solicitor £350
Senior Solicitor £300
Solicitor/Legal Executive £250
Based on the hourly rates above, we usually charge a fixed fee and the average cost of recovering a debt is between £750-£1250 plus VAT. We generally conduct the court hearing ourselves but in some cases we may have to use counsel. Counsel‘s fees are usually between £300-£750 plus VAT.
These fees are based on the standard work required in most cases which includes:
1. Attendance on clients
2. Taking instructions
3. Perusal of documents
4. Providing advice on merits, timelines and likely outcome
5. Preparing Claim Form and Particulars of Claim
6. Submitting Claim Form and Particulars of Claim at Court
7. Drafting Witness Statements and Skeleton Argument
8. Compiling bundle in readiness for the hearing
The usual things which are likely to increase legal costs over and above our usual fixed fees as outlined above are:
1. If there are complex matters to advance
2. If the hearing is adjourned to another day.
Likely timescales for Debt Recovery Matters
The timescales vary from cases to cases but the average time for conclusion of debt recovery matters is between 6-18 months.
VAT & Disbursements
Our fees and some disbursements are subject to VAT at 20%. Disbursements are charges payable in addition to our fees, normally to a third party. They can include fees payable to the court or barristers or interpreters or process servers. The amount charged for the disbursements depends upon a number of variables so we will be able to advise you of the correct charges when we have further information from you.
We do not conduct Debt Recovery matters on Legal Aid.